Wai Chong Khuan obtained his Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree from University of Malaya in 2008. He was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2009. He was previously a partner of the litigation division in a leading legal firm and subsequently joined Messrs Low & Partners as a partner in 2017.
Having passion for civil litigation, Wai’s principal area of practice include banking and insolvency matters, corporate litigation, debt recovery, employment, commercial disputes, probate and administration, land and torts. He is active both in and out of court. He also possesses vast experiences in corporate and commercial conveyancing. He currently acts as a legal adviser to a Chinese school in a matter relating to its relocation.
- Acting as counsel or co-counsel for public-listed and private limited companies in Court in relation to:
- scheme of arrangement involving scheme debts of up to RM28 million;
- capital reduction up to RM71 million;
- permanent stay of members’ voluntary winding up; and
- rectification of corporate documents lodged with CCM.
- Advising public-listed companies and multinational corporations on:
- listing exercise on the Main Market involving public issue of ordinary shares of up to RM30 million and conducting legal due diligence audit;
- sale of business and acquisition of shares in private limited company worth RM34 million;
- conducting legal due diligence audit;
- share farming and memorial park interest scheme;
- members’ voluntary liquidation;
- automotive financing in compliance with hire purchase law in Malaysia;
- retrenchment and voluntary separation scheme; and
- franchising law.
- Handling and/or assisting in various litigation including tortious claim, debt recovery, tenancy dispute and infringement of intellectual property.
Per: Saadiatul bt Ibrahim; ex parte Southern Asia Special Asset Management Berhad  MLJU 1922
Kuantan Wire Products Sdn Bhd v Kim Construction Sdn Bhd & Ors  1 LNS 1516
Mikimoto Co Ltd v Naditech Corporation Sdn Bhd & Ors  MLJU 1173